How to make EASY and DELICIOUS Thai Food :Chicken with Basil Pad Ka Pao Gai Recipe
Ingredients for 2 servings
1tbs. of Taste Nirvana’s Premium Fish sauce
1 tbs. of Taste Nirvana’s Oyster sauce
2 tbs. of Vegetable oil
1/2 a lb of Ground chicken
2~3 pieces of Thai chilli – pounded (if you like hot, slice them)
25 g. Thai basil leaves
2~3 pc. of Garlic – chop them in small pieces
3 pc. of pimento (any color is fine)- slice them.
2 fried eggs- make sure yolks are still liquid
For garnish : 50 g. deep fried basil leaves
Step 1 : Preparation – Pre-cook some ingredients
- Cook 2 fried eggs. Make sure the yolks remain soft.
- Chop Thai Chili in 1 inch pieces. Keep the piece big enough to remove from the dish later.
- Deep fry some basil leaves to make the texture crispy.
Step 2 : Start Cooking
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the Chopped Thai Chlli
- Add the garlic
- Stir slightly to add some color and bring the aroma
- Add sliced pimento and stir for a few seconds
- Add the grounded chicken. When you stir the chicken, don’t break them down too much. Keep them in chunky pieces.
- Cook for a few seconds. You will begin to see some water come out of the meat
- Add Taste Nirvana’s premium fish sauce
- Add Pantai Oyster Sauce
- And add basil leaves ….. stir lightly and finish. (don’t cook the leaves too long or they will become soggy)
Step 3 : Serve
- Place some rice on a plate.
- Scoop finished chicken basil over the rice.
- Add deep fried basil leaves on top.
- Add fried egg on top.
Congratulations! You just made Chicken with Basil (Pad Ka Pao Gai)! This is a very simple and greatly common home dish in Thailand!
Make your own dish and share a picture!
Subscribe our YouTube channel and enter our product giveaway to win free products.
For detail check out our website, tastenirvana.com